The Boulder and White Cloud Mountains need your attention. New federal legislation (called SNRA+) proposes to designate three new Wilderness areas in the Boulder-White Clouds that would cut off mountain bike access to at least 20, high-quality backcountry trails including Ants Basin and Castle Divide trails.
Please act now!
Now is the time to reach out to your national elected officials with social media posts showing your support for mountain biking in these areas! Take a riding photo, or just make a comment, and tag your senators and representatives on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. They need to see and hear the bicycle community’s support for a more bike-friendly land protection designation.
Find your local representative’s social media info:
Email the Idaho delegation:
Together with IMBA, the Wood River Bicycle Coalition has supported enhanced conservation efforts for the area and applaud Congressman Mike Simpson of Idaho for his efforts to protect the Boulder-White Clouds landscape. However, we feel the new bill unnecessarily alienates a growing community of recreationalists who are committed to conservation that also allows for healthy sustainable outdoor recreation.
- Read the latest on IMBA and WRBC’s efforts regarding Boulder-White Clouds.
- For a complete history of IMBA and WRBC’s work on this issue, click here.
- IMBA Testimony before the House of Representative Committee on Natural Resources.
Sample social posts:
- I support mountain biking in Boulder-White Clouds. Say no to SNRA+!
- Bicycling alone contributed to $33 million to the Wood River Valley’s economy in a single season. Support the economy and say no to SNRA+!
- Mountain biking engages youth in a character-building activity and promotes a healthy lifestyle. Save mountain biking in the Boulder-White Clouds!
- Castle Divide and Ants Basin offer irreplaceable trail experiences that allow mountain bikers to connect to nature in this wild place. Save mountain biking in the Boulder-White Clouds!