Wood River Bicycle Coalition Associate Director
This position will be responsible for WRBC’S programs, growth, and execution of mission. The position will be part time initially, with future growth opportunities, and will report to the Board of Directors.
Leadership & Management:
- Develop an annual operating plan and budget
- Create timelines and identify resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Ensure program excellence
- Actively engage and manage volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations, and funders
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand fundraising activities to support existing programs and future growth
- Work with IMBA on membership recruitment
- Elevate all aspects of communications, particularly web presence and social media.
Trails & Events:
- Seasonal trail work utilizing volunteers, working in conjunction with US Forest Service, BLM and the Blaine County Recreation District
- Establish a community trail crew
- Work with promoters to ensure success and growth of local marquee events: Ride Sun Valley, Rebecca’s Private Idaho, Galena Grinder, etc.
- Responsible for all aspects of The Sawtooth Century
- Excellent organizational management skills, which run the gamut from clerical to identifying and achieving strategic objectives as demonstrated via metrics.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Fundraising experience and ability to cultivate and maintain donor relationships and write grants.
- Experience with or proven understanding of public land management and government as it relates to trail development and management.
- Ability to utilize SWOT or equivalent to grow WRBC as an organization.
- Strong public relations and marketing skills with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of or experience trail planning, building, and maintaining.
- Experience coordinating and promoting large events, including organizing and managing volunteers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including social media.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people including NGOs, land managers, and various trail users.
- Candidates will be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, action-oriented, have a positive attitude, and be passionate about bike advocacy.
Compensation commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com
****Opening closes March 25th***